Who’s your favorite superhero? Brooding Batman, stellar Superman, patriotic Captain America, or swaggering Iron Man? If you’re obsessed with these comic book and Hollywood icons, you might be surprised to know that champions like these reside in your area. That’s right – the team at Fox Creek Family Dental perform heroic deeds all the time by practicing emergency dentistry. In this post, meet the Guardians of The Grin and find out what to do in common urgent oral health situations from the premier emergency dentist in Longmont.
Why Fox Creek Family Dental?
Let’s face it – losing a tooth, dealing with a severe toothache, or handling a jaw injury can be stressful. And when these dental emergencies happen, you don’t want just anyone saving your smile – you want a true oral health superhero. Our team of consummate professionals not only has the expertise you need in every form of dentistry, we’ve also been rated the best dentist by patients just like you – we’re proud to have received the Longmont Times-Call People’s Choice Award in 2016, and we’re up for the same award again this year. In everyday or urgent situations, we pride ourselves on providing the best patient experience in the Denver area for people of all ages.
What Should I Do If I’m Experiencing A Dental Emergency?
Stay calm and contact our office as soon as possible at (303) 622-5399. Follow these first aid tips for common urgent oral health situations:
- Knocked Out Tooth – If this happens to you, don’t panic. Pick the tooth up by the crown (the part you chew with) and gently rinse it off with water – be careful not to touch the root or attached tissue. Then, try to put the tooth back in its proper spot. If you’re unable to do this, store the tooth in a glass of milk – either way, call us immediately.
- Broken Tooth – Save any parts of your tooth that break. Rinse out your mouth with warm salt water and apply a cold compress on the outside of the mouth. Contact us right away so we can see you as soon as possible.
- Toothache – Although common, toothaches can have serious consequences. You’re most likely dealing with an oral infection that should not be taken lightly. Brush and floss the area gently but thoroughly – making sure to remove anything lodged in the teeth. If the pain persists, reach out to us ASAP.
- Tissue Injury – Cuts and tissue injuries to the mouth can be alarming since they cause more bleeding than people expect. Rinse your mouth out with warm salt water, and apply a moistened piece of gauze (using the salt water) or a wet tea bag. If the bleeding doesn’t stop with 10-20 minutes of applied pressure, go immediately to the nearest Emergency Room.
- Jaw Injury – If you fall, are in a car accident, or are even in an altercation, use a cold compress on the area and head to the ER right away. If you’re still experiencing pain after the hospital treats you, follow up with us since ER doctors can sometimes miss the diagnosis of a broken jaw.
Now that you know how the team at Fox Creek Family Dental comes to the rescue in urgent smile situations, schedule your appointment today to get to know your dental superheroes before an accident happens!