Did you know that most Americans only see their dentist once a year, at best? While dental anxiety and lack of dental insurance may be the primary reasons patients stay away, going without regular dental care can compromise your smile – and your overall health. In this post, the most respected dentist in Loveland, Fox Creek Family Dental, explain why seeing us twice a year is so important.
Why Should You See Your Dentist Twice A Year?
Dr. Ryan Koenig, Dr. Brian Carter, and Dr. Patrick Barone know that regular visits with our team will help keep your oral health up to par. Preventive dental care every six months assists with the following:
- Get The Whole Picture – Unless you have a professional dental X-ray machine at home, you’re not getting the full picture of your smile. We use innovative digital technology to make sure we catch any dental problems that are below the surface of your teeth.
- Get a Deep Clean – Even if you brush and floss properly, no at-home oral care regimen will replace professional cleanings. Plaque can build up no matter how diligent you are, leading to tartar buildup and cavities. Seeing your dentist twice a year removes these detrimental substances and helps you keep your teeth longer.
- Address Gum Disease – Did you know that half of Americans have some form of gum disease? Although this condition is common, it shouldn’t be taken lightly. You can prevent recession, tooth loss, and the need for costly dental restorations by seeing us regularly to prevent and treat gum disease.
- Stay Cancer Free with Screenings – Seeing the Fox Creek Family Dental team regularly is the best way to stay ahead of oral cancers. Since prevention, early detection, and intervention are key in maintaining a cancer-free status, screenings from your oral healthcare pro make help promote your oral, and overall, well-being.
- Protect Your Entire Body – Oral exams can diagnose over 120 medical conditions. Our dentists will perform a thorough check of your head, neck, and lymph nodes, as well as your mouth, teeth and gums to make sure you’re healthy. If anything abnormal presents itself, we’ll make sure you’re referred to the appropriate medical professional. Although it only takes a couple minutes for us to check for potential issues, this care is invaluable to your comprehensive health.
So, if it’s been longer than six months, your teeth – and your entire body – are missing out. Schedule your appointment with Fox Creek Family Dental since you now know that regular dental visits keep your smile, and your whole body, healthy!