Dental insurance – while you may be lucky enough to have coverage, almost 40% of Americans lack this essential coverage to keep their oral health on the right track. Although it may seem obvious, lack of dental insurance and concerns about the cost of care are two of the most common reasons people avoid seeing their dentist in Longmont. But luckily, this doesn’t have to be you. The team at Fox Creek Family Dental offers truly affordable care and also provides patients with their dental savings plan to keep your smile healthy – without breaking the bank.
What Is Dental Insurance?
Dr. Ryan Koenig, Dr. Brian Carter, and Dr. Patrick Barone have learned the intricacies of dental insurance in their combined decades of experience practicing all facets of dentistry. To define what dental insurance is, this is a coverage for oral healthcare that sometimes leaves patients with additional costs like:
- Monthly Premiums – This is the fixed amount you pay the dental insurance company each month just to continue your coverage for your PPO or DHMO plan.
- Deductible – In some plans or with some specific services, you’ll have to pay a certain amount out of your own pocket before your insurance coverage starts. This amount is determined by your insurance company.
- Coinsurance – After you meet your deductible, you’ll be responsible for s percentage of costs for services. For example, even if you pay your premium and your deductible, if you have a 50% coinsurance on a service like a root canal, you can still feel a big impact from the cost.
- Copay – Copays are fixed costs that you’ll pay for certain services, like X-rays or dental exams. These are non-negotiable and are always the responsibility of the patient.
- Annual Maximums – Many plans have a fixed amount of costs that they’ll cover in one year, regardless of your health needs. This means once you’ve used your annual maximum amount of coverage and reached your plant limit, all other costs will be your responsibility.
So, even though dental insurance is great to have, there are still lots of costs that you might face as a patient.
No Dental Insurance? No Problem!
We’re proud to be in-network with most PPO dental plans, and are always happy to submit claims to help you get the most out of your benefits. We also offer our Dental Savings Plan at both our Longmont and Loveland locations, which will give you savings like:
- No deductibles
- 2 professional exams
- 1 additional emergency exam
- 2 cleanings with oral cancer screenings included
- Individual X-rays
- A $500 discount on six-month orthodontics or a full course of Invisalign
- Free teeth whitening treatments for new patients
- A 20% discount on additional cleanings, fillings, core buildups, oral surgery, and sealants
You and your family can receive all these benefits for a cost of just $299 per year for each person enrolled. And, since there are no waiting periods, you can start improving your oral health right away.
Now that you know how we can save your smile – and your money – schedule your appointment with Fox Creek Family Dental today!